FOLLOWING THE SON FROM MY LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rays Of Sunshine (from PWOC International Blog)


Rays of Sunshine

Submitted by Kimchi Blow
“We love because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
We experience so many moments throughout the day that can so easily pass us by. Here lately, the Lord has been having me slow down a bit to enjoy just a few.  Thankfully, today at the park, I was able to watch my two toddlers playing joyfully.   While there, I experienced a moment that took my breath away, and I wanted to capture it in my mind forever.  After running around chasing her brother for what seemed like hours, my two year old daughter suddenly stopped with her face towards the sunshine. It was like a scene from a movie where time stopped and all I could see was her. With her face towards the sunlight, I could see each of her amazing features. Her skin appeared perfect like a porcelain doll, while strands of her golden blond hair blew gently across her face. The rays of light hit her striking blue eyes in just the right places and they danced with delight. Then slowly, she closed her eyes and gently tilted her head toward the sky, as if God had taken His hand under her chin and gently lifted it towards Him. Peace exuded from within her. She stood there with a smile enjoying the warmth of the sun on her face and wind through her hair. All I could do was hold my breath. I walked over to her and just held her, kissing her sweet face.  Immediately, I thanked God for the moment.  It was a moment to cherish, a moment to love, a moment to thank, and a moment worth living for!
I walked away from the park overwhelmingly changed somehow. Why did this moment touch me so intensely? Why did I feel a stirring deep within? Why did I want to just stop time right there and not move another second forward? Why? As I pondered these things, I even began to pray and seek God for the answer.  And then it hit me and I was moved even more profoundly than when I was watching my daughter. It became so apparent to me that God was giving me a picture of how He stops and cherishes me like that throughout each day! Stop to recognize the moments God pours His love on you today


from pwoc.org/blog

No comments: